Quinn has a solid future as a lobbyist – and used all her
skills to convince me to let the girls attend their respective conferences with
us. Going to your conference was not a thing when Mike and I were growing up –
but I guess it is now. The plan got a bit of side-eye from Mike, but he went
with it nonetheless (he’s also fallen prey to Q’s lobbying efforts).
Q’s conference was first – and was pretty short. Her teacher
said that she had nothing but awesome things to say about Quinn, her work, and
her behavior in the classroom. You could almost see the praise soaking into Q’s
very being. She’s right on track (or ahead) of where she should be at this
point in the school year. Academically, she's fine - but she's also doing well socially. She's not quite the class leader like she was last year ... but we'll see how that develops as the year goes on. Quinn often needs time to "pre-heat" with a group.
Fiona's conference also went great. Her report card was phenomenal (she's ahead in almost every aspect) and she got to hear her teacher tell us how great she was doing ... in MATH. Fiona's confidence in math is non-existent and we are already falling into her not believing me when I tell her she's good at something "because you're my mom and you have to say that." (I don't.) So to hear her beloved teacher say it ... worth the price of admission right there.
When I tucked Fiona in that night, I told her that I was proud of her. Her response: "I'm proud of me too." You guys, she has never said that. Usually she tells me the six things she could have done better or the three things she messed up ... (that was a personality gift from her mother ... sorry Bugs!). So to have her be proud of herself - amazing! We haven't won the confidence game - but this was a big step forward.
Also worth noting, Mike has officially finished his first term of school. He took 15 credits, has a 4.0 GPA, and is on the Chancellor's list. We are all so proud of him!
Fiona's conference also went great. Her report card was phenomenal (she's ahead in almost every aspect) and she got to hear her teacher tell us how great she was doing ... in MATH. Fiona's confidence in math is non-existent and we are already falling into her not believing me when I tell her she's good at something "because you're my mom and you have to say that." (I don't.) So to hear her beloved teacher say it ... worth the price of admission right there.
When I tucked Fiona in that night, I told her that I was proud of her. Her response: "I'm proud of me too." You guys, she has never said that. Usually she tells me the six things she could have done better or the three things she messed up ... (that was a personality gift from her mother ... sorry Bugs!). So to have her be proud of herself - amazing! We haven't won the confidence game - but this was a big step forward.
Also worth noting, Mike has officially finished his first term of school. He took 15 credits, has a 4.0 GPA, and is on the Chancellor's list. We are all so proud of him!


No comments:
Post a Comment