![]() |
| The updated look |
I mentioned that my parents came down in early February to help remove the four layers of wallpaper from the bathroom. Turns out, removing wallpaper was the least of our concerns. It's not a true house project if you don't go to the hardware store multiple times ... and sometimes around 9:00 at night ... because your toilet is leaking.
Mike took our toilet tank off for the wallpaper removal project. Once that was done, we needed to do some major patching on the walls (seriously, our towel bar and toilet paper holder had been sunk into the sheetrock), paint the ceiling, paint the walls, and replace the light fixture, medicine cabinet, and towel/toilet paper racks. Before any of that happened, Mike threw his back out. So we had a bit of a delay until he could move again. He got the patching and sanding done the weekend of our Polar Plunge. Then I had a crazy week for work and he was basically a single parent ... so we paused again. At the end of that week, we finally painted the ceiling and walls.
![]() |
| When we moved in .... |
Last Monday night, while Mike took Q and D to gymnastics, Bugs and I cleaned the bathroom and put things back in the new cabinets. As I was cleaning the floor, I noticed some water by the toilet. Long story short, the toilet tank was leaking so I suuuuper casually mentioned it to Mike when he got home. He worked on it for about 3 hours that night and a few more hours the next morning before finally getting it fixed (with a very creative solution).
Mike hates plumbing - and the very old, very odd plumbing in our house is not his favorite. But he's awesome and always figures it out. It just often causes a few gray hairs. And a strong desire to shoot the messenger.


No comments:
Post a Comment