Grandpa brought his boat - so we got it in the water on Saturday (there was a boat lift on the dock, so we could leave it in the lake for the weekend). Mike discovered a wakeboard in the shed, so decided he wanted to try it that afternoon. Behind a fishing boat. Having not wakeboarded in probably two decades. Fact: Mike is annoyingly good at hard things and he ended up getting up several times. He also wiped out spectacularly a few times and made Grandma very worried. Dec was suitably impressed with his dad! I was both impressed and relieved that he did not pull, strain, or break anything!
The water was fairly wavy (although compared to Monday, it was nothing), so we blew up a bunch of floaties and rode the waves! The kids enjoyed two dips in the lake on Saturday as they campaigned heavily for another night swim. I had made chicken fajitas and queso for everyone for dinner, so we were very happy to swim off our very full bellies! Then we filled them back up with s'mores around the fire. Quinn asked to sleep in the extra bedroom upstairs instead of the loft, which seemed to work really well for her. After a busy day, bedtime was much smoother.Then on Sunday, we ate an early lunch and then ventured about 15 minutes away to Father Hennepin State Park to do some hiking. Auntie and I purposely wore matching outfits (we had unintentionally purchased the same shirt from Old Navy while in quarantine) - so the kids jokingly went to her for all mom-related topics. I did not mind! We checked out a couple trails, grabbed a snack, and wandered through the campground. The trails were fine, but they weren't that exciting. Other than going out to the point where we could skip some rocks on the lake and finding a giant rock to climb.
When we got back to the cabin, Quinn, Dec, Mike, and I played Life. That game is WAY MORE complicated than we remembered and D lost interest halfway through (I took over for him). Unsurprisingly, Quinn won. But Dec/I gave her a literal run for her money. After game break, we jumped back into the lake (are you sensing a theme?).The kids lost interest pretty quickly because Fiona had found a baby mouse up on the patio. Mike, Em, and I were out enjoying the waves when I noticed some suspicious behavior ... so sent Gma up there to stop the children from trying to catch the poor mouse. Fiona was pretty proud that the ramp she made helped the mouse get out of the fire pit.
It was a busy day, so after dinner, we did a movie night to chill out. The kids decided to rewatch Candleshoe - and as always, the best part is watching Declan during the final "battle" scene. It was the perfect low-key way to end a couple of busy days!



No comments:
Post a Comment