Monday, July 30, 2012

Number 2

Ha - bet you thought this was about Baby 2.0. But you're wrong! It's about the bodily function - number 2.

On Saturday, Fiona walked through our bedroom, into our bathroom, and firmly stated "I need to go potty." Needing to change the diaper anyway, we thought "what the heck." So I held her up on our potty - it was a bit precarious ... her being so small and me being 38 weeks pregnant and all. After we both decided it was a recipe for someone falling, I pulled her down. And two little poops rolled onto the floor. Saturday night, we headed to Target for a pink princess potty chair.

We got home and she promptly started crying because Daddy was taking WAY too long to put it together and she "hadda poopy." And as soon as Mike got that silly thing assembled, poop in it she did. She's sat on it twice more since and each time, we've had a successful poop. No number 1 yet - and still plenty of poop in the diaper ... but we are awfully proud of her!

She is also drinking from a big girl cup sometimes (when we have time to clean up the inevitable spills ... she forgets we can't wave it around). And naps have officially transitioned to the big girl bed. Our baby is growing so fast! We're proud and sad at the same time.

The other Number 2 (yes, this time the baby) is due in two weeks! The countdown is on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, how i love potty humor ;) and yay fiona. what a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Who would have guessed that we would all be ecstatic about a poop? Yeah Fi! Best news I've had in a long time! Should I be sending along 3 year old panties soon? Aunt M in Tucson

Nancy said...

Way to go Fiona! Grandma and Grandpa Nash are so proud of you!

Kyley Leger said...

Awesome news!! She's showing you that she's a big girl already! And, yah for the naps!! Good luck on your final weeks of pregnancy. I was thinking about you just this morning. I'll be anxiously watching my communicator to see you go "away" and then of course watching for updates here!

Rae said...

poop score! none of mine are even get it. they do enjoy sitting there and then they pee later on the floor or diaper. boo! training sucks! glad she's going easy on the 38 weeker:) where is a picture of that belly??????

love