Last weekend officially turned on Mike. I felt so bad for him as the hits just kept coming. But as the week has gone along, he seems to be climbing back on top.
- It was 90-100 degrees all weekend. While not a personal slap against Mike, the boy does not do well with heat. I know it is officially summer every year when Mike begins to say daily, "That's it. We're moving to Duluth." To add insult, the AC went out on Sunday. It was 82 degrees in Fiona's room when I put her to bed that night. But the guy came out first thing Monday and we've been cool ever since.
- Something died in our storage room - or the vicinity of our storage room. My super pregnancy sniffer spotted it first, but by Saturday morning, Mike could smell it too. He spent the entire weekend tearing the room apart, looking in everything, looking down vents, hunting in insulation. To find ... NOTHING. It is/was driving him crazy. Internet research basically said that at this point, if you can't find it, wait the smell out. So Glade air fresheners are on the shopping list.
- Speaking of internet, the internet has been going out from 9 am to 7 pm for a week. So he also got to fight with our provider over that.
- Mike's dad is coming down this weekend to help him build a very needed shed. The forecast is for mid-90s and hot. I told him that Fiona and I will keep the lemonade coming!
I am busy at home, just being the wife and mom. But work is my chaos right now. I have a very long list of projects to complete before my leave, but I keep getting scheduled in all day meetings. It's very hard to work on the list when you aren't at your desk! This baby better not come early or I am in big trouble. And in Baby 2 news, my appointment on Monday showed a baby who is head down (woo hoo). And I'm not dilated at all (here we go again ...).
Fiona is still working the big girl bed transition. We had two great naps in the bed last weekend. Although she fell out on Sunday at the end of her nap. When I went in to "rescue" her, she told me "I bonk my body" but "I'm okay." She cracks me up. We are still not quite ready to commit to the overnight there yet. But she seems to be feeling more at ease with the bed. Which is great.
Finally, we are terribly sad that Mike lost his Grandpa B last week. While we knew it was coming, we are very sad to lose this wonderful man. One of my favorite memories of Grandpa is arguing with him over Justin Morneau (the year he won the AL MVP). Grandpa was convinced that he was a crab because "he never smiled" and I debated that he was "Canadian." Mike sat there laughing for the entire game and later told me that grandpa liked that he had found a girl with a "bit of a backbone." Well, Grandpa, we gave you a great-granddaughter with a bit of one as well!
![]() |
| "Great" Grandpa and a very little Fiona |

No comments:
Post a Comment