The source of the "dead thing" smell has been identified ... and I'm thrilled to say that it wasn't something that was dead. Instead, it was our main circuit breaker melting!!! AGH!
We've been noticing some weird power pops, flashes, and outages in the past few weeks, but were blaming the transformer trying to keep up with everyone's AC. There was a huge storm last night and the power went out. That didn't seem too strange with all the lightning - until I got up this morning and there was power in our bathroom, but not our bedroom. So I woke Mike up with that joyous piece of news and headed to work.
He called me at 11:00 to tell me that he was finally heading to work after he, Grandpa, Buggy, and public utilities had spent the morning cutting power to our house and replacing the main breaker. Thankfully Grandpa is an electrician, there were two of them to help keep the toddler from electrocuting herself, and the house didn't burn down. Hopefully that is our last bit of excitement until Baby comes! I don't think Mike can take much more.
2 comments:
What good luck that Dad was down there already! Glad it was caught before any major damage was done! - Tracey
Glad to hear everybody is safe and the breaker has been replaced. It helps to have an electrician in the family who also happens to be in the house at the right time!
Post a Comment