We've been working hard at day care and home on Fiona's "listening ears" - because she's pretty sure that listening to adults is an optional activity. I learned yesterday that in some ways, it's sinking in ...
Here is a conversation Fiona and I had while changing her diaper yesterday:
F: I need a pacifier.
S: No pacifier. You're a big girl.
F: Mommy, I need you to listen to me.
S: [trying not to laugh] Excuse me?
F: Do you need a time out?
S: [no response because I'm honestly doing everything I can not to laugh out loud]
For the record, I did not get a time out and she did not get a pacifier. What a silly girl!
2 comments:
that kid, she's something else! for the record, i would LOVE to see her put you in a time out ;)
love, emmy
I always wished I had a video camera built into my brain when my kids were little just for moments like this. Love it.
Post a Comment