Monday, June 24, 2013

Saturday Firsts

Camping dinner ...and dirty feet!
Also ...look closely for four teeth
I'm an inconsistent blogger. I admit it! I had a streak of four days in a row - and then a week of radio silence. Such is the life with two kids ... and many, many evening phone calls with my colleagues in the Philippines.

We had such a fun day on Saturday. A few fun firsts for the girls! In the morning, Fiona and I headed out for a "big girl date." Auntie was going to join us, but Mother Nature played a trick on her and dropped a tree across her driveway. So she stayed stuck at home instead. At least she still had power! Anyway ... Fiona and I went to a local performance of "Jack and the Beanstalk." A traveling theatre company put it on and area kids played the parts. It was just under an hour long, perfectly not scary, and full of music and dancing. She was beyond good, sat in my lap the entire time (SO MANY SNUGGLES), and clapped enthusiastically with the rest of the crowd. She has been saying "Fe Fi Fo Fum" and stomping around since the play. Short toddler aspires to be a giant!

Playing hide and seek
at the campground
When it was done, she asked me if she could be in a play. I told her that she could. She was then very concerned that "Daddy won't come watch me" ... because he stayed home with Quinn while we went. By the time we got to my car, I had convinced her that Mommy, Daddy, and Quinn would all come watch her. If that wasn't a hit, nothing is!

After a late lunch and good naps, we headed up to Baker Park where our friends B&C were camping. We helped Jack and Cooper play in some mud puddles, ate hot dogs cooked on a campfire, and enjoyed the not raining weather. Quinn was clearly born to camp. She was in her element and she didn't stop smiling the entire time we were there.

It was a great day of fresh air, culture, and new experiences for the girls. We were proud of how they embraced them. And that they are showing signs of enjoying the things that we do.

Also - to make up for the week of silence, here is a video of Fiona doing her new favorite thing ... singing "Twinkle Twinkle." She was singing this one to Q on the ride to the campground because little sis was getting impatient. I missed the beginning - she starts when she wants, not when mom is ready!


1 comment:

Kyley Leger said...

She has the sweetest little voice! I love her to pieces!!