Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Answer to Pool is Always Yes

It was HOT here this weekend. Mike asked me yesterday morning if he should put the pool up for the kids. We had some errands to run and things to do around the house (and I didn't expect it to get so hot), so I told him not to. I figured they would be fine with the sprinkler and their squirt guns. I figured wrong.

The girls had a good time in the sprinkler ... or more running around to avoid the sprinkler. But Dec was terrified of it. Mike filled up a 5 gallon bucket with hose water so they could refill their water guns more easily (and without us). When they started climbing into the bucket of ice cold hose water and then taking turns dipping their heads in the bucket, we broke down and dug out the water table. They happily spent all afternoon playing in the water while Mike fussed about with the camper and I sat in a camping chair and read my book. Everyone was thrilled with the afternoon events! (Everyone was also ready for bed!)

Today felt even hotter. Yesterday had a nice breeze and some cloud cover. Today was pure blazing sun. Bugs gave up early and went inside because she was too hot. Quinn and Dec happily sat in the garage in their camping chairs, quite literally watching paint dry. Mike was painting the door to the backyard and they were fascinated by it. When they got tired of the drying process, they dragged their chairs out under the tree in the front yard and brought out books to read (I wonder where they got that idea ... ).

Oh, and the kids have made us promise to put the pool up very soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Watching paint dry....๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚