Mike calls it "nesting." I call it good sense. But whatever it is, we've been busy around the house the last couple weeks doing our final preparation for Baby.
Last weekend, my Mom and Dad came down and we showed them a super fun weekend of washing walls and windows. It's so fun to look outside and not see streaks of dirt! We also pulled out furniture to vacuum behind it. A good "spring" cleaning for the house.
This week, I managed to pull together five pans of food, including two lasangas, for the freezer to give us some dinner options in the coming weeks. Mike has been a staining and varnishing machine as he gets ready for his Dad to come on Saturday to construct the banister. I have a few organizational weekend projects on my list. By the end of the holiday weekend, we hope to feel very ready for Baby's arrival.
Which is good because we are 38 weeks on Sunday and could go at anytime. We had a great doctor appointment today and they are very pleased with how Baby is looking. Our estimated weight is 7 lbs 12 oz. We'll see what the next couple weeks bring - hopefully baby news soon!
2 comments:
Sounds like you are pretty prepared at the house for the new bundle. 7 lbs 12 oz is what I weighed when I was born. I'm sure they've told you that ultrasound is give or take a few here and there.
I'm glad to hear Baby V is doing so well. And of course you and Mike as well.
Take care, be watching out for a baby package coming your way.
Love ya bunch! You'll be in our thoughts as the days roll by. Aunt M
You're almost there, Sara! I can't wait to hear all about Baby V. I'm sending happy and healthy prayers your way as you endure these last few weeks. Remember to enjoy this time and stop and take one more picture of your giant belly. If it doesn't feel giant now, it will when you stumble upon the picture after Baby V has arrived!
Post a Comment