Friday, May 5, 2017

It's Spring. We Think.

It snowed here on Monday. It was 70 degrees yesterday and the kids spent the evening biking around the neighborhood. Welcome to springtime in Minnesota!!

Being a "bus stop girl" means that Fiona now knows many of the neighborhood kids. It is not uncommon for me to see random bikes, roller blades, or scooters in our driveway that I'm pretty sure don't belong to us - and then discover extra children in the yard. Fiona is also getting pretty good at riding her bike to various neighbor's houses. As I watched her pedal down the road a few weeks ago, I was both sad at how big she is getting ... and surprised at how big she's getting. She very clearly needs a bigger bike! The timing couldn't be more perfect as this may be the summer the training wheels come off as well.

The timing also couldn't be better because both Declan and Quinn have taken a keen interest in learning to ride bikes. And we only have two bikes so a third needs to be added regardless. The trike may work in a pinch. Or it may not. It is entirely possible that I walked over to our neighbor's last night to snag the bike that Fiona had ridden over there, brought it home to settle a raging bike squabble, and then brought it back when I went to retrieve her so she could ride it home. I'm not saying it happened, but it might have ...

Quinn is hitting her summer groove. We had a brief, traumatic transition from winter where she was suddenly afraid of all the bugs. Or tiny pieces of sand because they might be a bug. And could Mike or I kill all of them, thank you very much. That hiccup seems to have passed, I haven't been asked to kill a bug in quite a while, and she even reminded me to get the medicine to help ease the itch of mosquito bites.

Dec found the bin of balls, golf clubs, and his wiffle ball tee. I often look out the window while I'm cleaning up dinner to see D and Mike playing ball in the yard. He's even asked Mike to play catch with him! Once he turns three, he'll start a little sports sampler class through the community center. But until then, he's happy to be included in the games of the big kids from the bus stop who come by.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Dec's haircut: so cute
Quinn's fancy dress + puddle jumpers: I'm so proud
Fiona's dress + rain coat + hat + motor vehicle: perfection

Unknown said...

Hurray for Spring, fingers crossed... Can't wait to see you all at Dec's Birthday Party. 3! I can't even believe it:)