Monday, May 15, 2017

The Determined Child

I don't often refer to Quinn as quiet. Because she's not. Not even a little. She's typically referred to as the "loudest person on the planet" around these parts. And I'm not certain we are exaggerating! However, Quinn is also one of the most determined people I've ever met. And she is extremely quiet in her determination. When she sets a goal, she gets down to the business of accomplishing it - without a lot of fanfare. 

I was not surprised, on Friday, when I picked her up from school that she wanted to play at the playground with her sibs. But I was pleasantly surprised that she wanted to play because she wanted to show me what she could do. She has been working on getting across the monkey bars all year and she can finally do it! It was just the best to watch her accomplish her goal and to celebrate that milestone with her. Even though we got it on video, we went back on Saturday so she could show Daddy in person. Sometimes the live show is just better!

No comments: