Friday, July 21, 2017

Almost Ironman

Mike was going to the Twins game on Tuesday night as part of an event for work. As I was telling the kids that he would be gone and we would be on our own for swimming lessons, they asked what he would be doing. I told them he was meeting with a vendor ... to which Declan responded with all the excitement a three-year-old can have: "He's meeting the Avengers!?!?!"

To Declan's great dismay, Ironman was not present at the vendor event. [Side note: somewhere in the last month, Ironman has displaced Captain America as D's superhero of choice.] However, as I was getting the kids ready for bed, Mike texted us a picture of him standing next to Tony Oliva. Although Dec was disappointed that Dad had not found an Avenger yet, I was crazy jealous!

Tony O is hands down my dad's favorite baseball player - of all time. So I knew he would love the picture - and wish he had been there. When I called Dad today, he answered my call with "How the heck did Mike meet Tony O?" While one small V is holding out for a different Tony, the tall Vs think Mike's night out was pretty amazing.

No comments: