Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's a Girl!

Baby V is here and SHE is beautiful!

On Monday, September 20 at 9:43 pm, we were blessed by the birth of Fiona Grace. She entered the world via c-section (after hours and hours and hours of labor - 27 hours to be exact) at 9 lbs 1 oz and 21.5 inches long.

Fiona and Mike headed to the NICU while I got stitched and stapled up and then I also got to do a quick visit to the NICU. On Tuesday, Fi had spinal surgery to close up the defect from the spina bifida. She came through the surgery like a champ and was actually "kicked out of " the NICU on Thursday because she was doing so well. She is in ICC right now and continues to do well.

They discharged me yesterday, so we are down to being a one hospital family. Our goal for the next couple weeks is to be a no hospital family and get everyone home!!

Here are a couple pictures of our beautiful daughter, who has already stolen my heart and totally has Mike wrapped around her tiny finger!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Sara, she is soo sweet. I love the little pink bow:) Fi is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to meet her.

Lots of love to all of you,
Brenda

Rae said...

Mike, Sara, Fi and Yogi

We are continuing to pray that you guys go home soon! I am so excited that she is doing so well that they "kicked" her out of the NICU. It's not a bad place but I'd rather not be there.

Not that I had any doubt but your baby girl is an absolute gorgeous doll. I never doubted Mike would fall so completely in love with her, you were already there the moment the test said positive. Just like myself. These babies wrap their fingers around your heart and never let go. As I type this I am showing her off to Shawn and Ella. Ella says to tell you she can't wait to meet her new friend, playing and laughing. It will be such fun!! Shawn agrees that she is beautiful. We can't wait to watch that feisty personality blossom in the coming years!

Love you!
Tawnda

Emily said...

Oh Fi, even though you're the beast of the ICC, you still look really stinkin' cute in a bow :)

Love, Auntie Emmy

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all! So glad to hear things are going well. Hang tough! Through adversity the little things will be all that much sweeter!
Great Auntie M!