Mike's sister and I have been scheming for some time about doing family pictures around the same time in order to get a few photos of both families - and more importantly, all five cousins. By a lovely twist of fate, it worked out to do the photos on the weekend of Q's birthday (and all the parties) when we were up in GR.
| My heart! |
We wanted to get the photos done early, so that we could enjoy the day at the cabin and Tracey and I wouldn't spend the day trying to keep people clean. That meant the Vs started at 8:45. I seriously questioned my sanity as we hustled to get five people pulled together enough for pictures, fed breakfast, and out the door. But we pulled into the Gunn Park parking lot at 8:46, so I'm calling it a win. We started out with a few family photos and then Ms. Cody was going to do some individuals of the kids. I was going to have her start with Fiona, because Bugs is usually our sure thing. She's five, so she follows directions and she's a total ham. Dec is one, so he does his own thing and directions are irrelevant. And Q doesn't really like people, so ...
But just as I was going to point Cody toward Bugs, Dec took off to climb a rock and was happy as a clam. Ms. Cody has four babies and knows those windows are narrow, so she followed the sweet babe and captured his awesome personality. All was well - until D fell off his climbing rock and cracked his eye on an adjacent rock. 10 minutes in and we had a black eye. Super!
As I settled D down, Q shyly asked Ms. Cody if the chair prop was a birthday chair and told her that it was her birthday. Smart Ms. Cody agreed that it was, indeed, a birthday chair. With that, Q was in. Posing, Smiling. Thrilled at the prospect of having her photo taken. Then it was Bugs' turn. And she was totally over this whole escapade. She was fairly easy to coax back into good humor. But I officially retire from trying to predict who will cooperate and who won't.
| Did I mention D was done? |
Once the cousins got there, Dec decided to dive over Ben. Or Nate. Or me ... it was a long time ago. Anyway, he split his lip. Photos are hard on the baby! We blew through his nap with pictures so he was pretty over it by the time we got to the extended family photos. But Mike spun him around a few times and threw him in the air a few times and manage to restore his smile long enough to get the last few shots. And with that, we turned the session over to the Bartholomews and headed to the cabin.
There have been a few photos on the blog - and I'll probably post a few more - but if you want to see them all, you can look here.
| Three kids looking! MIRACLE! |
| Three kids is a juggling act, you guys! |
3 comments:
great pics!
Mike has some good balance. Great pics! M in Tucson
These are great Sar! Love all of them:)
Post a Comment